ON Semiconductor – Nampa, Idaho
ON Semiconductor promotes a mutually rewarding partnership that creates a customer-oriented organization, encourages innovation and teamwork, and rewards achievement. We value Respect, Integrity and Initiative in the spirit of collaboration and teamwork. Working here, you have a voice and your ideas are heard and value genuine people in promoting an enjoyable workplace. If you are looking for challenges, quality, freedom and empowerment join us today!
We are looking for a motivated Environmental Health & Safety Engineer to develop, implement, and monitor company environmental, health and safety programs and procedures at our Nampa, Idaho Wafer Probe and CFA site. This person will also ensure compliance to federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations, and conformance to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Maintains safety equipment inventory, performs periodic safety inspections, monitors hazardous waste removal vendors
- Track and update reports and graphs monitoring EHS performance for the site.
- May assist in consolidating hazardous wastes (chemical, radioactive, and/or medical)
- Interacting with a variety of departments in conducting training in safety, emergency response and hazardous material handling
- May act as coordinator for Emergency Response Team
- Monitors environmental compliance and maintains liaison with appropriate regulatory agencies
- Prepares and submits environmental reports
- Recommends corrective action where environmental health and safety hazards exist
- Interacts with others in the administration of the worker’s compensation program and the implementation of workplace ergonomics and program solutions.
- Be the primary approver of all new gas and chemical additions to the process as well as ensure correct handling procedures are developed and implemented on a 7×24 basis.
- Drive corrective action for any Safety related infractions or issues and drive/develop the improvement process and procedures to ensure the source of the problem does not occur again.
- Participate in all tool install and construction design reviews and project execution to ensure all local and OSHA safety requirements are followed.
- Perform ISO14001/ISO45001 audits and act as process owner for some EHS related processes
- Effectively interact with managers and employees at all levels to drive EHS improvements and enable them to meet specific business goals.
- Four-year degree in related field (Environmental Engineering, Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene) required 3+ years’ experience in a related field.
- Must be able to work independently and take on ownership of programs. ‘
- Experience with managing programs and interacting with all levels of personnel is preferred
- Willingness to adjust schedule a few times a month to cover various EHS duties to 24-hour 7 day/week operation.
- Strong ability to work well with all functional departments and flexibility to support the site while ensuring corporate standards are met.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with web-based and Microsoft Office and other electronic tools and systems.
- Experience in auditing (ISO14001, ISO45001, OSHA, EPA, DOT)
- Experience in Semiconductor industry