The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. Our mission:
We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
Why unite with us? Because we are better together! Our team members enjoy a workplace where Relationships are the foundation, where we are all Committed to the same mission, where Growth is always possible, where we are treated with and show Compassion, where trust guides us to Transparency, and above all, where Joy sustains us.
What do we offer? In addition to contributing to our awesome mission, working at IYR has many advantages! Affordable medical and dental care, other voluntary benefits offerings, a 401(k) match, paid time off, an employee discount on purchases at our thrift stores, and working in a caring and compassionate environment just to name a few.
How will you impact our mission? Every position at Idaho Youth Ranch contributes to the success of our mission. As a Health and Safety Officer, you can proudly tell your family and friends that you help nurture hope healing, and resilience in Idaho’s youth by providing workplace safety expertise for the organization. In this role, you provide advice, monitoring, reporting, advocacy, management and training to support IYR’s development and maintenance of a strong culture regarding risk management, health, and safety.
- Associate Degree in Safety Management, Risk Management or related field
- Three years of Safety Officer, Risk Management or similar safety-focused experience
- Experience conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to complete tasks and achieve goals
- Proficient in MS Office
- Although not required, the following skills and experience are considered a plus:
- Experience in writing policies and reports related to health and safety
- Working knowledge of safety management information systems
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Working knowledge of OSHA procedures
- Some knowledge of potentially hazardous materials and handling practices
Our Health and Safety Officers
- Responsible to know and regularly review for currency, update, and communicate applicable safety procedures and requirements in all areas of IYR business operations.
- Conducts regular and routine workplace safety inspections to identify and assess potential risks and hazards.
- Responsible for investigation of job site accidents and incidents, including determining cause and identification of appropriate preventive measures. Completes and submits all necessary documents regarding accidents or incidents (including required OSHA reporting), conducts timely follow up, and communicates with IYR leaders regarding accidents and incidents.
- Responsible for adherence to relevant compliance standards, as well as any changes to these standards that may occur over time.
- Researches and creates safety-training materials on relevant topics and provides crucial training to employees on safety policies and standards, best practices, and IYR protocols.
- Completes insurance applications and provides requested information to carriers and broker(s). Liaises with brokers and carriers on insurance claims, including motor vehicle, property and casualty, and workers’ compensation.
As a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit, the Idaho Youth Ranch is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PLSF) program. The PLSF offers student loan forgiveness on qualifying loans under specific conditions. Speak with your loan provider for more information.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding this position and our benefits, and to submit your application, visit our website www.youthranch.org/join-us.