SIF – Lewiston, ID
The State Insurance Fund (SIF) is Idaho’s leading workers compensation insurance provider. Since our inception in 1917, SIF has been dedicated to Idaho businesses and their injured workers. Our employees are the face of SIF and crucial to providing exceptional customer service. The majority of our policyholders are small businesses that are the backbone of Idaho’s economy. We are proud to offer services to help protect their employees and support their financial strength.
Passionate about safety?
As a key member of a dynamic team of Safety professionals, you will be responsible for providing professional loss control assistance to SIF policyholders in Lewiston and the surrounding area. You will work directly with management of Idaho businesses to analyze their loss control policies, accident statistics, and work activities and provide recommendations and training to correct unsafe working conditions and practices.
- Analyze organizational structure, management practices, work activities, current loss safety policies/procedures, claim reports, and accident trends to identify cause of loss.
- Conduct loss control surveys to assess business practices and organizational commitment to safety.
- Provide written recommendations, technical assistance, and employer training on methods to remediate unsafe working conditions and practices.
- Conduct training workshops, and seminars.
- Conduct quarterly needs assessment by analyzing book of business reports based on established criteria; schedule policyholder engagements accordingly.
Your qualifications should include
- Bachelor’s degree Occupational Health and Safety (or a related Safety Science discipline), or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3 – 5 years of experience with occupational health and safety, Mining and Forestry industry preferred.
- Professional designation as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of loss control program elements, industrial safety practices, and the identification of unsafe work practices or conditions.
- Thorough knowledge of management/organizational theory, organizational behavior, and common business practices.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong time management capabilities with ability to independently complete work assignments within specified timeframes.
- Must possess a valid Idaho driver’s license and a reliable source of transportation.
- Ability to travel approximately 70% of the time (travel is to various policyholder sites in an assigned area within the state of Idaho).
In addition to a great working environment and a strong focus on work-life integration, SIF offers a competitive salary and an amazing comprehensive benefits package.
SIF values diversity and we are an equal opportunity employer. Please note that applicants need to have legal authority to work permanently in the U.S.