Industrial Hygiene Resources (IHR) – Boise, ID
Working with a team of CIHs and IH technicians, this position offers great variety of projects, and will see you involved in:
- Planning and executing industrial hygiene projects
- Making technical decisions and preparing technical reports
- Providing good communication and creative solutions to fit our clients’ needs
- Leading and contributing to the preparation of proposals and bids for projects
- Coordinating the work of the team, mentoring less experienced team members
- Perform exposure assessment projects for chemicals (gases, vapors, dusts, aerosols, etc.), biological (viable and non-viable mold, bacteria, endotoxins, etc.), physical (noise, heat/cold stress, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation), and ergonomic stressors.
- Provide industrial hygiene technical support to clients, including analysis and interpretation of exposure data and methodologies. Opportunities for litigation support are available
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of projects as they relate to industrial hygiene. –
- Assist in the sales and marketing of industrial hygiene and related services to clients.
- Conducting training courses for asbestos, lead, HAZWOPER, and other related courses.
- Projects are primarily located in Idaho and the pacific northwest, with occasional projects throughout the U.S.
- Travel is dependent on each project and estimated to be as high as 25%.
- The travel portion of projects is typically 1-3 nights and could potentially reach 1-2 weeks (rare)
- Travel may be required on short notice
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Sound knowledge of industrial hygiene including experience in the consulting industry
- Proven excellence at all stages of the project, including planning and designing projects with clients, preparing cost proposals, IH fieldwork (data collection methods), data analysis, and technical report preparation.
- Demonstrated professional judgement and commercial acumen, including identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving problems efficiently to meet client’s time and budget requirements.
- Robust written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- An interest in collaboration and mentoring to technically strengthen the team capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene or related field; Master’s degree is a plus
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH); CSP or similar designation is strongly preferred
- 10 years of IH or EHS experience. Consulting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards (OSHA/State plans) and authoritative standards (ACGIH, international standards) related to industrial hygiene is a must
- Experience conducting IH sampling and noise exposure assessments (field work)
- Proficient in written and oral communication and training
- Able and willing to travel (25%) across the U.S. and be placed on short-term assignments as needed
Physical job demands
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Enter confined spaces, attics, or crawlspaces
- Wear an air purifying respirator
- Work an evening, night, or weekend project (rare)