Okland – Boise, ID
Okland is looking for a diligent senior safety manager to be a mentor and leader for safety throughout the company. We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated safety experience in commercial construction to lead safety on a project build in the Greater Boise area. The ideal candidate leads by example demonstrating C.A.R.E (Create a Remarkable Experience) for everyone they work with. Ultimately they will ensure all individuals on the project site are knowledgeable and empowered to employ a safety first mindset.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors job site activity for all inspections and administrative tasks, if located at a single job.
- Documents site conditions focusing on safety items project safety conditions through photographs and written reports.
- Works as part of the Project Management Team to implement an effective and proactive positive safety culture.
- Conducts special employee site safety training meetings for safety or risk concerns specific to the project. Provides detailed reports of each meeting to the site project team and corporate safety director.
- Holds specialty training, as required and needed (e.g., respirator fit tests).
- Holds monthly supervisor and foreman safety training meetings.
- Reviews site safety conditions and assists in developing plans for improvements with project leadership team, and documents this information on the computer.
- Reviews infractions and improvements with the site management personnel, documenting the progress electronically through the use of digital photos, spreadsheets, word processing, email and other approved processes.
- Responds to safety concerns brought to his/her attention.
- Responds to safety incidents, and assists project management in conducting accident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Responds to incidents and accidents to provide additional investigative analysis.
- Assists in compiling the information and data for the job activity hazard analysis.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and company safety standards are followed on all jobsites.
- Regular, timely, and predictable attendance is required for this position.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensures job site orientation is conducted for every new employee on the job site.
- Reviews job hazard analysis and pre-task planning documents for scopes of work performed on project(s).
- Assists in any safety or risk issues identified as project progresses.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors’ degree preferred and/or at least 5-7 years of construction safety experience
- Proven track record of successful OSHA ratings, loss-work records, EMR trainings, etc
- OSHA 500 minimum or OSHA 510 w/ STSC certification required
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associated Safety Professional (ASP), Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) or other safety certifications are desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate level understanding and usage of MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint .
- Ability to be extremely organized.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers, vendors, subcontractors, and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to pay close attention to details in all aspects of work functions.
- Ability to lead implementation of programs and procedures developed by Okland Corporate EH&S, safety committees, and safety managers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in the workplace.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee may also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision. The employee is also required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Hazards: May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold as well as certain unsafe environments; occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and electrical equipment; possible exposure to fumes or airborne particles; possible exposure to internal liquids. This is a safety sensitive position where a momentary lapse of attention can result in serious injury or death. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally very loud. Must follow all safety requirements carefully.
Okland is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. Applicants will be considered regardless of their race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, Okland also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion.
Notice to all Employment, Staffing & Recruiting Agencies and Recruiters: We please ask that you do not directly email, call or visit our hiring managers. Okland Construction does not accept unsolicited resumes and should any be received from a third party they will not be considered, unless a signed agreement is in place. If you would like to discuss becoming a preferred staffing vendor to Okland Construction please contact our recruitment team who will advise you on the process.