Looking for a solid work/life balance, steady paycheck, great benefits, and an opportunity to serve the great state of Idaho? The Department of Administration is looking for an experienced Loss Control Expert to join the Risk Management Department, a team of professionals dedicated to protecting the state’s assets and reducing the risk of loss. Join us and be part of one of the most diverse agencies in Idaho State Government, located in the heart of the Capitol Mall area in beautiful downtown Boise.
This permanent classified position also includes a comprehensive benefit package including: PERSI Retirement Benefits, Medical/Dental Benefits and Life Insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents. Paid time off includes vacation and sick leave that begin accruing immediately upon hire and Holiday pay. Example of Duties
- Oversees, develops, implements, and reviews risk management loss control programs, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Oversees and evaluates loss avoidance and loss prevention assessments for state agencies.
- Oversees and/or prepares technical and comprehensive reports, plans, and procedures for developing risk management loss control programs, reviews, and inspections.
- Coordinates risk management loss control programs to ensure that the development and implementation of programs are consistent with objectives and goals.
- Establishes goals and objectives for risk management loss control programs to minimize risk exposure, and evaluates program effectiveness.
- Establishes procedures to measure the effectiveness and performance of risk management loss control programs.
- Monitors claims adjustment and settlement activities; and reports inconsistencies, problems, and errors.
- Identifies and analyzes losses, liabilities, or risks to avoid or limit exposures.
- Determines the most effective methods of handling each loss, liability, or risk exposure.
- Conducts, prepares, coordinates, and participates in safety committees, councils, and seminars.
- Oversees the publication of forms and documents related to loss control and safety programs. Plans, conducts, and reviews loss control and safety training.
- Directs and ensures adequate investigation, reporting, and analysis of accidents to prevent recurrence.
- May plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Competency in management and demonstrated leadership skills. (Typically, this requires considerable experience managing a major program and leadership of professional staff. Candidates may also qualify through upper division college-level management coursework and experience in a significant leadership role.)
- Experience analyzing complex management issues and developing recommendations for improvement.
- Experience conducting fact-finding interviews and interpreting statistical and narrative information.
Desirable Qualifications (not required but may improve your score)
- Experience inspecting physical locations to identify hazards and make recommendations for improvement
- Experience consulting with insurance underwriters and other staff regarding account/line-of-business acceptability, exposures, and controls pertinent to property and/or casualty lines of business.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a fingerprint-based background check.
The incumbent in this position will work with and provide support to a diverse customer base and must be able to interact in a non-partisan manner.