St. Luke’s Health System in Meridian is seeking a Safety Coordinator to join our Workforce Safety team.
This position uses a specialized body of knowledge to support project initiatives and promote evidence-based safety practices as part of a comprehensive workforce safety program. Uses strong organizational, communication (verbal and written) and problem resolution skills to present information and respond to inquiries from management and employees of all levels. Develops education and communication strategies that help drive consistent adherence to OSHA safe work practices and reduced DART injuries. Conducts various worksite evaluations to assess risk of exposures and proactively identify any unsafe conditions that may lead to injuries. Utilizes High Reliability Skills in everyday work, contributing to a strong organizational safety culture.
Full time 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week)
- opportunity for hybrid schedule with 3 days in office.
- Complete and monitor employer required functions or processes, ensuring that they are completed accurately, on time, and in compliance with established employer policies and applicable health & safety regulations.
- Develop, implement and monitor health & safety activities and action plans to improve compliance or reduce hazards or risk of injury.
- Perform health & safety tasks such as air sampling, ergonomic evaluations, accident investigations, fit testing and assists in writing detailed technical reports describing results.
- Research best practices and regulatory standards and serve as the subject matter expert on a variety of health & safety topics and provides training and education.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or four years’ experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience: 2 years of experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: None