Location Boise, ID
As a Safety Engineer at Micron Technology, you will focus on the prevention of unplanned events that have the potential to harm people, property, or the environment at a large semiconductor manufacturing location.
In addition, you will continuously evaluate operations to ensure compliance with applicable regulations. You will perform technical evaluations of work areas, equipment and operational procedures to identify hazards and ensure proper safety controls remain in place. You will work with a talented group of managers, supervisors, employees, engineers and technicians to continuously improve safety programs that allow Micron to achieve world class safety performance.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct detailed task analysis and risk assessments
- Conduct incident investigations of unplanned events (i.e., 8-D, 5-Why)
- Develop and conduct safety training
- Act as an SME (subject matter expert) on assigned compliance programs
- Support the Safety Management System to include participation in ISO and other certifications
- Plan develop and coordinate safety audits in conjunction with area personnel
- Develop, implement, and continually improve Micron’s safety programs and operating procedures to assure worker safety and property conservation
- Proven ability to multitask and assist with high volume of safety related work
- Evaluate operations to confirm compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and benchmark industry standards
- Monitor changes to regulatory requirements and implement changes as required
- Coordinate regulatory compliance inspections
- Respond as safety officer to emergencies and rotate through an “on-call” schedule
- Collect, evaluate and communicate safety performance measurements to site management
- Support EHS (Environmental, Safety & Health) Department initiatives
- Ability to utilize strong project management skills to assess, monitor, and complete complex projects
- Successful candidates for this position will have:
- 5+ years professional experience in Safety, Process Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Engineering field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with various disciplines within a manufacturing and/or research and development environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with team members, customers, and management.
- Demonstrated success in managing small to medium sized projects and leading cross-functional teams
- Possess good organizational and computer skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work with a minimum of supervision – CSP or CIH preferred
- Education: B.S. or higher degree in a Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, Science or other degree with relevant experience
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.