- February 24, 2020
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
- February 25, 2020
7:30 am - 11:30 am
The Snake River Chapter ASSP is pleased to offer a 12-hour Safety Trained Supervisor (STS/STSC) Exam Preparation Course. Nationally recognized course instructor, Rick Callor, will review the many areas you’ll likely be tested on, sprinkled with the real life experience anecdotes of a distinguished safety career veteran. Each course participant will receive a USB flash drive for home study of the material covered.
Companies have found that that having certified Safety Trained Supervisors reduces incident and workers’ compensation rates, improves OSHA compliance, and develops safety ownership. This is a great opportunity to get your folks trained!
- Description of the STS process
- Introduction to OSHA, recordkeeping, and multi-employer worksites
- Principles of accident investigation
- Fall protection, stairways, ladders, excavations
- Hand/power tools; cranes, derricks, hoists
- Hazard communication
- Personal protective equipment; respirators
- Confined space
- Fire protection; electrical
- Intro to industrial hygiene; ergonomics
Companies with supervisors who have obtained a STS/STSC certification find it
- Reduces incident and worker’s compensation rates
- Increases competence in supervisory safety decisions
- Improves overall safety programs and OSHA compliance
- Develops professionalism and safety ownership
Who should be STS/STSC certified?
This class is designed for personnel with a safety responsibility, including managers at all levels, first line supervisors, superintendents, foremen, crew chiefs or craftsmen. It provides guidance and assistance in preparing for the Board of Certified Safety Professionals examination for general industry (STS) and construction (STSC), which is nationally accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies.Through the use of numerous case studies and instruction from Rick Callor, CSP, STS, you will learn the best known methods used by supervisors to obtain world class safety performance. Participants will receive a flash drive containing all the training materials and sample questions to use as a study guide.
Please note that employers with three or more registrants qualify for ASSP Member pricing.