Hazardous Waste Specialist, Environmental Health and Safety
Posted: Sep 29, 2020
This position will coordinate major aspects of Idaho State University’s Hazardous Waste Program. Under general supervision, this position will lead hazardous waste operations and ensure compliance with State and Federal hazardous waste regulations.
- Collect, process and characterize hazardous waste and identify high hazard hazardous waste.
- Track hazardous waste volumes and generate reports. Prepare state and federal reports.
- Consolidate compatible waste for disposal through hazardous waste vendor and complete hazardous waste manifests.
- Collect biohazardous waste and manage the universal waste and used oil programs.
- Coordinate training and emergency preparedness exercises.
- Develop and maintain hazardous waste program elements (contingency planning, waste minimization planning, pollution prevention planning).
- Respond to emergencies including chemical spills.